Primary Location PAKISTAN-OCONUS-QUETTA
Security Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
The Avionics Technician installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs avionics equipment, such as radar, communication, navigation, missile control, electronic fuel, electrical, engine and utility systems in assigned aircraft.
- Work closely with other mechanics on the modification, troubleshooting, and repair or inspection of avionics systems.
- Use complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, multi-trace oscilloscopes, frequency counters, multi-meters and deviation meters, and specialized test equipment to perform operational checks.
- Perform operational checks, bench checks, troubleshoots, and isolates malfunctions in complex aircraft avionics equipment.
- Repair or replace components based on test results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Perform calibration, repair and replacement of system components based on test results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention, and safety at all times.
- Annotate maintenance actions in aircraft records and is knowledgeable in CAMS documentation.
- Ensures quality maintenance is performed on the aircraft and in-shop following established safety procedures.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to trace signal flow, understand interrelationships of circuits, interpret waveforms and voltages.
- Working knowledge of aircraft communications/navigation and instrument systems.
- Ability to interpret schematic diagrams, engineering drawings and charts of assigned systems.
- Working knowledge of all standard test equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Working knowledge of technical orders and maintenance forms.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced electronic principles and circuit analysis.
- Excellent soldering and harness/wiring skills, PC board, surface mount and crimping experience.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a flight line drivers license.
- Ability to obtain all certifications required to perform the job requirements.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Experience and Education
- Three (3) or more years of avionics experience on fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft.
- Experienced in maintaining general aviation avionics and electrical systems associated components including navigation systems, radar systems, ADF, VHF/VHF-FM/UHF and UHF-FM radios, Inter-communication systems, Instrument landing systems (ILS), Aircraft electrical systems and aircraft instrument and lighting systems.
- CMF aviation MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent (N preferred).
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- A certificate of graduation from a military or civilian electronics/avionics school is desired.
- Completion of specialized courses in electronic theory aircraft avionics, com/nav systems, or instrument systems preferred.
- Valid FCC license/FAA repairman license or a FAA Airframe and Power Plant license is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Must be capable of living and working in a potentially hostile environment for an extended period.
- May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations as requested is required.
Aviation / Support (Full-time)
Job Posting Oct,, 3:: PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
- Job Location: Pakistan
- Company Industry: Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting
- Company Type: Unspecified
- Job Role: Maintenance, Repair, and Technician
- Employment Type: Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Ref.: JB50314722